jwave CHATS are online communities where parents of high school students connect, share information and support each other.
One of the most valuable resources to parents are other parents who share common experiences.
This is why jwave brings together parents of Jewish high school students of the same year who attend non-Jewish schools into WhatsApp groups we call jwave CHATS.
We established a number of these Chats since 2019, and in 2021 we will be rolling out a lot more of them across schools and year groups, including at Killara High School, Reddam House, Rose Bay Secondary College and South Sydney High School.
Parents use the Chats to connect in all kinds of ways, including to:
- Find out about events within the Jewish community such as camps, BJE’s Israel program or volunteering opportunities.
- Make plans for their kids to attend local events together or arrange lift schemes for their kids.
- Ask what students are doing when a Jewish festival falls on a school day.
- Meet other Jewish families when they are new to a school.
- Arrange meal trains for a family going through a difficult time.
- Share information about local events that are relevant to the families in the Chat.
80% of parents say that their jwave Chat provides them with a sense of community, connection, support and/or helpful information.